The terms and conditions given below help you to understand how you may access and use our website, us.cover-up.com. This policy applies to all visitors and users of our website. By accessing, browsing, using or registering with the website you agree to abide by all terms and conditions stated below. If you do not agree with these terms, you must stop using the website immediately.
Please note that by using and ordering through the website you are entering into an agreement with a UK company and so are governed by UK law. Any disputes arising out of them shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the British courts.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, nothing in these Terms and Conditions of Sale or Use limit or exclude or purports to limit or exclude, any statutory rights granted to you under local law (in particular consumer protection laws) which remain unaffected and in full force and effect.
Information About Us
We are Cover-Up, a registered trademark, and trading name of eBook Accessories Ltd, a registered company in England and Wales. Our registered company number is 06994766. Our registered office is Unit 1, George Street, Bridgend Industrial Estate, Bridgend, CF31 3TS, United Kingdom. Our VAT number is 983294773.
You can contact us by writing to us at the above address, by phoning 01656 661164* (for our UK customers) or +44 1656 661164* (for non-UK customers). You can also contact us via email at email@example.com. Phone lines will be staffed between 9am and 5pm GMT Monday – Friday. Lines are closed weekends, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, New Year’s Day all other public holidays in Wales, UK.
*Please note that calls to these numbers will be charged at the standard rate.
Our Right To Vary These Terms And Conditions
We reserve the right to revise, change and update these terms and conditions as we see necessary. We will publish any changes made on the website, and if we feel it necessary we will also alert users to any changes via a message on our home page.
Third Party Rights
Any person who is not party to these terms and conditions or bound by the terms of any contract with us shall not have any rights under or in connection with them under the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999.
Access To Our Site
Access to the website is granted on a temporary basis and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend this service at any time without notice. We reserve the right to disable any account at any time if we feel that, in our opinion, you have failed to comply with any of the provisions of these Terms and Conditions of Use. We are not liable if all or part of the website is unavailable for any period of time. You are responsible for ensuring that you have the arrangements necessary to access the website.
Prohibited Use And Restrictions
You may only use the website for lawful purposes. You may not use the website:
- In any way that is inconsistent with these terms and conditions stated.
- In any way that breaches local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is fraudulent or has, in any way, a fraudulent or unlawful purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of hurting or attempting to harm any person in any way.
- To send, receive, use or share material which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit any form of unsolicited advertising or promotional material, or any other form of solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data or material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful computer programs designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
- To collect, request, harvest or store any personal information, passwords or account information about other users of the website.
You also agree:
- Not to reproduce, duplicate, copy or re-sell any part of the website.
- Not to access, interfere with, damage or disrupt: any part of the website; any equipment or network on which the website is stored; any software used in the prevision of the website; or, any equipment, network or software owned by any third party.
Accuracy Of Information
We will always do our best to ensure that all information on the website is accurate, current and complete. However, despite our best efforts some information on the website may contain some information which is inaccurate, out of date or incomplete. We make no representation as to the accuracy of this information and cannot accept any liability for any effect this may have. To the extent permitted by law, we, our affiliates and any third party companies connected to us hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
We (our directors, employees, shareholders, or affiliates) assume no responsibility and shall not be liable for any indirect, punitive, special, incidental or consequential damages, or other damages of any kind as a result of the use or inability to use the website, including but not limited to:
- Any damage to or viruses that may infect your computer, telecommunications system, network or other property as a result of or access to the website.
- Loss of income or revenue.
- Loss of business.
- Business interruption.
- Loss of profits or contracts.
- Loss of anticipated savings.
- Loss of data.
- Loss of any other kind, however arising and whether caused by warranty, contract, tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, provided that this condition does not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for any matter which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law, including liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, or for fraud.
In the event that you have a problem with the website or its content the sole remedy is that you cease using the website.
Intellectual Property And Trademarks
Unless otherwise stated, we are the owner (or licensee) of all intellectual property rights within the website and through all materials published on it. This includes all text, audio, pictures, videos, images, graphics, information, content and other material displayed on or downloadable from the website. These are protected by trademark, copyright and other such laws. Your use of the website does not give you any rights to use our intellectual property and you must not modify or use any of the materials within our site for public or commercial purposes without first contacting us or any third party owner for permission. All rights are reserved.
Registration, Confidentiality And Security
Should you choose to create an online account on the website, your password and any other information supplied as part of our security procedures must be treated as confidential. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account and any activities that occur under your account. We shall not be liable to any person for any loss or damage which may arise as a result of any failure by you to protect your password or account. In addition, we will not be liable where your password is used to access your account by somebody else (except in case of our negligence).
If you become aware of the unauthorised use of your account by another person you must inform us immediately, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transactions Through Our Site
Any transactions completed through the website will be bound by our Terms and Conditions of Sale. Please refer to this page for information on how our terms and conditions may affect any contracts formed for the supply of goods.
Linking To Our Site
Any links to the website through any other source must comply with all laws and regulations, as well as all of our terms and conditions. If you intend to create a link to any of our web pages you must first contact us at email@example.com to obtain our permission. We reserve the right to restrict any such use at any given time.
Links To Other Websites
From time to time, the website may contain links to external, third party pages. These sites are not owned, operated, monitored or controlled by us or our affiliates. These pages are provided solely for convenience to you, for your information, education and entertainment. We are not responsible for any content or information located on any third party site.
The website and blog allows and encourages interaction from its users. We may moderate and alter this service, and so may choose to review all posts/comments left by users. If posts/comments are deemed unsuitable they may be removed by us, without prior warning or notice to the user. We will ensure to assess any possible risks for users from third parties and will decide in each case what level of moderation to consider using in light of those risks. However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any service provided via our site and expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards (as stated within these terms and conditions). The use of any of our services by a minor is subject to consent of their parent or guardian.
Additionally, the website invites users to submit their own product reviews, for publication on the website. For the purposes of these terms and conditions, “your reviews” means any form of material, information or communication (including text, images, sound and video) that you submit to us for publication on the website. In addition to the terms and conditions outlined above, by submitting such material, you grant us a worldwide, irrevocable, non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use, reproduce, adapt, publish, translate and distribute your reviews in any existing or future media. You also grant us the right to sub-licence these rights, and to bring action for any infringements of these rights.
All reviews must be appropriate, civil and tasteful and adhere to the content standards given within these terms and conditions. All reviews must not link to any website or page consisting of any material which would be in breach of these Terms and Conditions of Use or be the subject of any threatened or actual legal proceedings.
User Contributions To Our Interactive Services
We may, but are not obliged to, monitor, review or moderate any information or communication uploaded or posted to the website by any user. Whilst we will always endeavour to do so, we are under no obligation to use, return, review or respond to any information or communication received from a user of the website. We have no liability for the content of any such user communications, whether they arise from laws of copyright, libel, privacy, obscenity or otherwise. As stated previously, we reserve the right to remove any comments, posts or other such communications without warning, and as we deem necessary.
Please note, that under French law, the duration of the license granted above for any user communications posted to the website shall not be on-going, but shall be granted for the duration of the protection of the related intellectual property rights.
User Contributions And Ownership
By posting any form of communications to the website you confirm that you are entitled to transmit or post such information to the website, and have all required licenses or consent required to do so.
The standards outlined below apply to any material contributed to the website and any services associated with it. You must take care to adhere to the spirit outlined, as well as the letter of each individual regulation. These standards apply to any part of any contribution as well as its whole.
- Be accurate (if stating facts).
- Be genuinely held (if containing opinions).
- Comply with UK and EU law, and the law from the country in which they were posted.
Contributions must not:
- Be defamatory or libellous of any person.
- Contain any material or language which may be considered inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, harmful, hateful or inflammatory.
- Be blasphemous.
- Constitute negligent advice or contain any negligent statement.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence or depict violence in an explicit, graphic or gratuitous manner.
- Promote discrimination based on race, age, gender, nationality, disability or sexual orientation.
- Infringe any copyright or trademark of another person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to any third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Be in contempt of any court, or in breach of any court order.
- Be in breach of official secrets legislation.
- Consist of or contain any instructions, advice or other information which may be acted upon and could, if acted upon, cause illness, injury or death, or any other loss or damage.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person or organisation, or to misinterpret your affiliation with any person or organisation.
- Be invasive of the privacy or personal information of any individual or organisation.
- Be in violation of any contractual or fiduciary relationship, including proprietary or confidential information.
- Be soliciting an offer to buy or sell any form of goods or services.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act in any way.
- Constitute spam.
By using the website you warrant that you will act in accordance with these terms, and you indemnify us for any breach of that warranty. Any material uploaded to the website will be non-confidential, and we have the right to use, copy and distribute all such material to any third parties as we see fit. We also reserve the right to disclose your identity to any third party who claim that any material posted or uploaded by you constitutes a violation of their intellectual property rights, or of their right to privacy. We will not be responsible or liable to any third party for the content or accuracy of any materials posted by you or any other user of the website.
In addition to any remedies that we may have at law, if we reasonably determine that you have violated any of these terms we may take any action we feel necessary to remedy the violation, including the immediate removal of your comment, post or communication from the website. We will also fully cooperate with any law enforcement agency or court order requesting us to disclose the identity or any personal information relating to any user posting such communications.
Suspension And Termination Of Service
We will, at our own discretion, determine whether there may have been a breach of these terms throughout your use of the website. When we feel that a breach has occurred, we may take action as we deem appropriate.
Failure to adhere to these terms constitutes a breach of this agreement, and so the terms of which you are permitted to use the website. This may result in the following actions:
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the website.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of any materials posted or uploaded by you to the website.
- Issue of a warning.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of any loss suffered by us as a result of the breach, including reasonable administrative and legal costs resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of your information and information regarding the breach to any law enforcement agencies as we see fit.
We exclude liability for any actions taken in response to breaches of these terms and conditions. The responses detailed here are not limited, and we may take any other action we deem appropriate.
Changes To The Terms And Conditions Of Use
We may revise these terms and conditions at any time by amending this page. Checking this page in order to take notice of any changes is your responsibility, and you are expected to do this regularly as these terms are legally binding on you. Some of the provisions within these terms and conditions may be superseded by provisions or notices published elsewhere on the website.
Unless prohibited by applicable local mandatory law, you agree to indemnify and hold us, our affiliates and any third-party associates free, harmless from and against any loss, cost, damage, or expense (excluding reasonable legal expenses) incurred in connection with any third party claim, demand or action arising from or in connection with your breach of these terms.
The use of the website is at entirely your risk. The services provided through the website are provided “as is” without any warranty of any kind. We do not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the website, nor any content, information or services available through the website. We do not assume any responsibility to update the website should it become out of date. These exclusions of implied warranty do not apply to the extended prohibitions by law. Please refer to your local laws for any such prohibitions.